2. Running so late that your hair is still wet from the shower? Just crown braid or rope twist wet hair and roll it into a bun.
This looks so impressive, but really it’s NBD. Wet hair is actually easier to crown braids because you don’t have to deal with flyaways. Get the full tutorial here.
3. Make a faux undercut with a deep part and a braid.
Get the benefit of the ~shaved~ look without getting anywhere near a buzzer. Remember to use a texturizing spray (I love Herbivore’s Sea Mist spray that you can get for $10) to truly define those curls. Get the tutorial here.
6. Make a curly faux hawk TO DIE FOR in under 10 minutes.
Four steps to a fro hawk? Yes, please. Get the tutorial here.
8. Add a curl or two to short hair.
Curl a few sections of hair around the face with a half-inch curling iron to make thin hair look thicker. And if you’re looking to invest in the *perfect* curling iron, consider the Beachwaver. This curling iron rotates in both directions to give you glam waves and curls IN AN INSTANT. Get the tutorial here.
9. Create a vintage-inspired look in little to no time.
This is such a cute way to keep hair out of your face. Just twist a small section of hair from one side of your head and secure it with two criss-crossed bobby pins just above your ear. Then, add pretty clips of your choice. Get the tutorial here. Get the retro hair clips pictured from Modcloth for $12.99 each.
11. If you want to take your messy bun to the next level, wrap your hair around the base.
Try this technique on super long and shoulder-length hair alike. If you have layers that fall out of the back of your top knot, use cute rose gold bobby pins like these that you can get from band.do for $12. Get the tutorial here.
16. For short, natural hair, throw on a headband.
The trick here is to push the headband about half of an inch past your hairline for a polished look that takes seconds. Try a headband with a little bit of shimmer like this one from ASOS for $15.50.