Check out the recipe to a tasty protein-packed power salad
Super simple navy bean salad recipe
- 2 cups cooked navy beans
- 1/2 cucumber, finely chopped
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 Campari tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 large sprigs curly parsley, torn into small pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or adjust to your taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup pomegranate-infused dried cranberries
- Take 1 can of navy beans and place it in a strainer. Thoroughly wash them in cold water. Make sure you strain out all the water. Place them on a few paper towels and dry them. Set aside. If you are using dry navy beans, cook them. You should have about 2 cups of cooked navy beans.
- Add the navy beans, cucumber, red onion, garlic and parsley into a large bowl
- Add salt, extra virgin olive oil, black pepper, lime juice and cranberries.
- Mix well and serve immediately. You can also chill it for half hour, if you have time.
Originally appeared on Healing Tomato’s blog